As we approach the holiday season, iDefensiveDriving.com would like to take a moment to remind you of these simple, yet important tips, to keep you safe and secure while driving on Texas roadways.
- Always ensure that your vehicle is properly maintained. If your vehicle maintenance is not up to date, have your vehicle and tires inspected before you start your trip.
- Go online and map your route in advance. Be prepared for busy roadways during the holiday season. If possible, consider leaving earlier, or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep all valuables, gifts, and packages in the trunk or covered storage areas of your vehicle, to avoid the temptation for a vehicle break-in.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks, and give them radios or cellphones in case you accidentally get separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand in case an accident, flat tire, or mechanical failure occurs while traveling.
- Never drink and drive. If you happen to enjoy an alcoholic beverage at a holiday party, wait until you are completely sober, or call a taxi, or other designated driver to take you to your chosen destination.
The staff at iDefensiveDriving.com would like to wish you a happy and blessed holiday season, and we look forward to seeing you driving “safely” in Texas.